Oh Happy Birthday, Happy Birhday
I want to wish you a Happy Birthday
It was the day that you were born
Birthday oh Happy Birthday is the day.
Come see all the presents on the table
There is also a cake with many candles
It is a lucky day for all that are able.
Happy, Happy Birthday my good friend
It is a span that comes only once a year
Enjoy the moment till it comes to an end.
You see the lights are still fiery on the cake
There waiting for you to blow them out
Please will you do your part and stay awake
No tears please not allowed on this occasion
I know age grows older on this event
Why I don’t know, time doesn’t go on vacation
So happy salutes to you on your moment
Cherish the time it will never return
Celebrate, give, smile and try to be consent.
The lights are finally out on your cake,
And all the gifts were ripped open
All seemed to end in a sudden break.
Happy Birthday and hope you enjoyed the day
No more presents and no more wishes
Now one has to grow and see what comes this way.
Monica Engeler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Oh Happy Birthday, Happy Birhday by Monica Engeler )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne