Whispers Of Night
October.the time for my mind to wander
and pluck the wilted leaves,
all broken hopes, the deathlike dreams
elegy's icy and foreign streams.
yet my soul is brethered with the pain
as the body's lying in a grave,
the mist is covering my frozen limbs
a child of time, a child of fear!
still, the rust reflects the last beams,
of a sun, long gone..forgotten,
a pale golden disk of cinder's fading
as a final kiss upon exiled lips.
I'm just calling you by name; It's Death!
as you're my one and only lover..
the destruction of my soul, of my faith
October.Time of rain.Time of fate!
there's no turning back when you follow
Death's path on fallow grounds...
if there will be pain, I rather take it now
than live a life kneeled by regret!
what's joined by blood never tears apart
inside motionless rotten flesh,
there's still a heart that beats again
and an oath meant to be kept eternal.
I want to take your hand again, but..wait!
your name is written on a grave..
life perished, and nothing ever resurrects
October! time of rain.Time of Death!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (October's grave by Whispers Of Night )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Home, 107 tshepzen
- Inanity (2014), MILTON STYNER
- Where once you stood, Edward Clapham
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..