Whispers Of Night
October.the time for my mind to wander
and pluck the wilted leaves,
all broken hopes, the deathlike dreams
elegy's icy and foreign streams.
yet my soul is brethered with the pain
as the body's lying in a grave,
the mist is covering my frozen limbs
a child of time, a child of fear!
still, the rust reflects the last beams,
of a sun, long gone..forgotten,
a pale golden disk of cinder's fading
as a final kiss upon exiled lips.
I'm just calling you by name; It's Death!
as you're my one and only lover..
the destruction of my soul, of my faith
October.Time of rain.Time of fate!
there's no turning back when you follow
Death's path on fallow grounds...
if there will be pain, I rather take it now
than live a life kneeled by regret!
what's joined by blood never tears apart
inside motionless rotten flesh,
there's still a heart that beats again
and an oath meant to be kept eternal.
I want to take your hand again, but..wait!
your name is written on a grave..
life perished, and nothing ever resurrects
October! time of rain.Time of Death!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (October's grave by Whispers Of Night )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sunrise, Ronald Chapman
- My Wondrous Journey (Reincarnation), Ronald Chapman
- My Day Haiku Form 575, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, To Yury Verkhovensky - Translati.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Valery Bryusov - Translation .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, To Vladimir Bestuzhev - Translat.., Lyudmila Purgina
- Ice Storm, Ronald Chapman
- A.Pushkin, To a portrait of Zhukovsky - .., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Pushkin, To Zhukovsky - translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
- RUINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI