Note on a Rainy Night to a Friend in the North
You ask me when I am coming. I do not know.
I dream of your mountains and autumn pools brimming all night with the rain.
Oh, when shall we be trimming wicks again, together in your western window?
When shall I be hearing your voice again, all night in the rain?
Li Shangyin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Note on a Rainy Night to a Friend in the North by Li Shangyin )
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
- What Should I Comment?, Pintu Mahakul
- The Day Of Armageddon, Sir Toby
- जिउआ सानसे समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shadow Girl, Leslie Philibert
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)