Kathleen Jessie Raine
Night comes, an angel stands
Measuring out the time of stars,
Still are the winds, and still the hours.
It would be peace to lie
Still in the still hours at the angel's feet,
Upon a star hung in a starry sky,
But hearts another measure beat.
Each body, wingless as it lies,
Sends out its butterfly of night
With delicate wings, and jewelled eyes.
And some upon day's shores are cast,
And some in darkness lost
In waves beyond the world, where float
Somewhere the islands of the blest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nocturne by Kathleen Jessie Raine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- खामानिखौ मावलां जोहोलाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira
- Peace, Sandra Feldman
- Poetry And All Of Me, Rites Ghosh
- Forgotten, david kush
- House of Weeping Walls, Michael Mira
- Vicky - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma