No Small Price
At half past ten when alone with my slice
for you had early dinner on doctor's advice
I miss you darling at the dining table
your listening of my recaps of the day's fables!
Now I have my dinner in an empty space
with none to be teased none to address
just eating in silence on my lonely chair
missing you darling wishing you were there.
If you aren't there who do I tease
who do I sell poems who do I please
my avidest listener most ardent fan
I miss you badly my dining companion.
Comes half past ten I don't feel nice
sitting by myself with the lonely slice
now I know dear it's no small price
to not have you at dinner on doctor's advice.
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Small Price by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Kiss, Matt Mooney
- Here's A Lazy Thought, Electric Lady
- A Conservative Guardian Can Only Do Hono.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just For Blasphemy, One Is Killing Anoth.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Somtimes, tallulah montegue
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P