There is nothing worse
When you’re on holiday
When you cannot sleep.
You go to bed at 10pm
And at 1am you awake
And for an hour you pace about,
Then go back and lie down.
At 4am you are up again
And so it goes on,
Finally 7am arrives
And you’ve had enough.
You are awake to start another day,
A bit bedraggled and hoping
You’ll get through it
Without taking any naps along the way.
20 August 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Sleep by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt