Paula M. Puddephatt
And even now - I can't believe it,
but the potential's there -
that someone else could get inside my mind,
and make me care.
It's lonely work to always be
the one who gives a damn -
the one whom they reject - eject.
So, do they think I am
unbreakable? Or just entirely worthless?
I cannot tell -
but people take me for a fool,
and make my life pure hell.
I give my all, for what that's worth -
but caring too much is a curse.
It will destroy me in the end:
Start - stop - fast forward - no reverse.
Paula M. Puddephatt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Reverse by Paula M. Puddephatt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar