Paula M. Puddephatt
And even now - I can't believe it,
but the potential's there -
that someone else could get inside my mind,
and make me care.
It's lonely work to always be
the one who gives a damn -
the one whom they reject - eject.
So, do they think I am
unbreakable? Or just entirely worthless?
I cannot tell -
but people take me for a fool,
and make my life pure hell.
I give my all, for what that's worth -
but caring too much is a curse.
It will destroy me in the end:
Start - stop - fast forward - no reverse.
Paula M. Puddephatt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Reverse by Paula M. Puddephatt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro