Paula M. Puddephatt
She grabs at each distraction,
in the hope that she might find
something that can ease the pain,
and fill her heart and mind.
She tries to shut out her emotions,
instructing her imagination,
to leave well alone:
select another destination.
It's as if she's going crazy -
and she's trying to let go,
and be reasonable and rational,
and not to let her feelings show -
and so she grabs at each distraction,
Paula M. Puddephatt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Distraction by Paula M. Puddephatt )
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI