Deborah A. Bonner
No More Abuse
No more abuse said the little girl at age ten.
No more abuse she said, praying to God no, not again.
No more abuse she cries, Lord, please take me beyond the sky.
With every painful strike of her abuser's whip,
She images a place, beyond the demon's grip.
No more, abuse as her step-dad rapes her over and over again
No more abuse she cries, 'Will I always have to live this lie?
No more abuse as he shows her the shotgun; in the closet if she tells all her family (mama, sister and brothers) would he kill. She was trying to protect them, don't you see!
No more, abuse she screams, lying on the hospital bed.
No more, abuse as the hospital nurse takes the bell away as she is in so much pain!
No more abuse, doctors and the nurses thought the little girl was sixteen and needed not to scream, because they thought she was being very bad with boys is certainly the reason why she is having a baby.
No more, abuse from age 8,9 and 10 her body was used like an adult, but she was only 12 years old and 11 when she was got pregnant by her stepfather with the baby.
No more abuse God is coming soon, as the Bible said and all her pain and suffering will be put to death.
No more abuse she cried out in pain.
No more abuse as she cried for her mother.
No more abuse she cries as her body gives birth to a son and her stepbrother.
No More Abuse!
Deborah A. Bonner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (No More Abuse by Deborah A. Bonner )
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)