Deborah A. Bonner
No More Abuse
No more abuse said the little girl at age ten.
No more abuse she said, praying to God no, not again.
No more abuse she cries, Lord, please take me beyond the sky.
With every painful strike of her abuser's whip,
She images a place, beyond the demon's grip.
No more, abuse as her step-dad rapes her over and over again
No more abuse she cries, 'Will I always have to live this lie?
No more abuse as he shows her the shotgun; in the closet if she tells all her family (mama, sister and brothers) would he kill. She was trying to protect them, don't you see!
No more, abuse she screams, lying on the hospital bed.
No more, abuse as the hospital nurse takes the bell away as she is in so much pain!
No more abuse, doctors and the nurses thought the little girl was sixteen and needed not to scream, because they thought she was being very bad with boys is certainly the reason why she is having a baby.
No more, abuse from age 8,9 and 10 her body was used like an adult, but she was only 12 years old and 11 when she was got pregnant by her stepfather with the baby.
No more abuse God is coming soon, as the Bible said and all her pain and suffering will be put to death.
No more abuse she cried out in pain.
No more abuse as she cried for her mother.
No more abuse she cries as her body gives birth to a son and her stepbrother.
No More Abuse!
Deborah A. Bonner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (No More Abuse by Deborah A. Bonner )
- Halloween Wind, Rhonda Baker
- My Mam Jackie., David Boyce
- For every sun thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- whatever, Frank Avon
- Warmth in the Winter, Joshua Chuhran
- I REMEMBER, Nazreen Nazarudeen
- Story of Man, Joshua Chuhran
- Daily admission, gajanan mishra
- The Idealist., RAJ VIKRAM
- waste your time reading this, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)