.Night of the Iguana: 'They Made It Rain On Stage'
“De-frocked! ” the young actress corrected the
erstwhile preacher-man, in
character, & the
Whole campus—including the
President—giggled as if on
cue. “De-FROCKED! ” she said, again & a-
gain, & we laughed, w/out a
c[l? ]ue. Then came the thunder &
That rain, wet splatter on the
wooden stage, equipped as it was w/
proper drainage by the
Techies, in Hephaestus’s name, not a slab warped.
They made it rain on
Stage—spouting forth *au naturel* from Tennessee’s
words, the preacher-man cleansing in it- & we
stood—even the President- w/out a
cue, feting the deception.
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.Night of the Iguana: 'They Made It Rain On Stage' by Cretan Maineiac )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson
- Desert-haiku, Dr PJ Raj Kamal