Water Lily I Met At Work
No thorns, limbs sashay longly, cheetah
no prey, footloose, her dark blond hair
streaming, no intrusion. (Beer) 'Could I've
one? ' No
harm. 'Lotsa' people hang
out here.' No blame. (Smoke)
'Peace, ' she said,
in Chrystal clear Downeast, an aroma eluding words, &
a smile that lights a soggy
joint. 'Peace, '
she says, again,
long as she looks past the sniffing. '...I
don't think I've ever
voted... [T]here's a pebble in my shoe...' (and those
feet!) , nature jealously scraping along
tan-less feature, limnable as last year's hangups.
She turns twenty-nine today,
loved me watch her walk away.
Cretan Maineiac's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Water Lily I Met At Work by Cretan Maineiac )
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz