cheryl davis miller
While driving today I looked up to see
the naked arms of a sycamore tree.
As my eyes beheld the bare arm beauty
a whirlwind of thoughts did occur to me.
Winter now is surely coming
it is headed, straight my way.
Must be grateful and adoring
of this sunny, autumn day.
Too soon my only view shall be
winter's cold and icy sights.
I'll be grabbing extra blankets
just to keep me warm, most nights.
So near the fire I will sit,
hot chocolate in my cup.
Then rise to wipe up snow and mud
that's been tracked in, by my pup.
I love a day when wind and snow
tend to keep my loved ones in.
All safely gathered there with me
this old, clucking Mother hen.
Sheltered safely beneath my wings will be
my chicks near my breast; will seem sweet to me.
A whirlwind of thoughts, with one gaze at the
beautiful naked armed sycamore tree.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Naked Arms by cheryl davis miller )
- A Silver Lining In The Sky., Tony Adah
- Night and Day, Rachel Nichols
- Prayer at 5: 30 a.m. by Robert E. Whelan.., Bill Grace
- स्रोद गोमोरदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Rules Of The Game., Tony Adah
- Rold Dahls Words Of Wow, Curtlan Popo
- Lovingkindness! ! ! Yes!, Mr. Nobody
- Poetry Consoles, Sandra Feldman
- Inner Cosmos, Curtlan Popo
- Coffee, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)