cheryl davis miller
While driving today I looked up to see
the naked arms of a sycamore tree.
As my eyes beheld the bare arm beauty
a whirlwind of thoughts did occur to me.
Winter now is surely coming
it is headed, straight my way.
Must be grateful and adoring
of this sunny, autumn day.
Too soon my only view shall be
winter's cold and icy sights.
I'll be grabbing extra blankets
just to keep me warm, most nights.
So near the fire I will sit,
hot chocolate in my cup.
Then rise to wipe up snow and mud
that's been tracked in, by my pup.
I love a day when wind and snow
tend to keep my loved ones in.
All safely gathered there with me
this old, clucking Mother hen.
Sheltered safely beneath my wings will be
my chicks near my breast; will seem sweet to me.
A whirlwind of thoughts, with one gaze at the
beautiful naked armed sycamore tree.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Naked Arms by cheryl davis miller )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk