PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
My Salute to You
O lady, you've beaten
The misfortune and misery.
Born with such a pair of ears
That can hear the music without tune
May the Sun miss your eyes
But you can see ‘the silvery line’.
Your voice creates such a sound
That's heard even in deep silence.
You dare to show the creator
How a humble self can be a maker!
What pep-talk you've heard,
That cements your gifted mettle?
How we wonder when we find,
A barren tree bears fruit!
Do we look only at the bark or trunk
And make our minds about its soul?
I wish my eyes gain your vision,
May the ears hear the unheard music
And my mind takes up all ‘the light’
That shone you so luminous bright!
May I borrow a little your courage
That I may stand and raise the globe
And hold it there ' cause it's Herculean?
''Life is either a daring adventure or nothing'. Helen Keller
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Salute to You by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- I don't sleep, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- First Visit to the Old Port, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta