PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
My Salute to You
O lady, you've beaten
The misfortune and misery.
Born with such a pair of ears
That can hear the music without tune
May the Sun miss your eyes
But you can see ‘the silvery line’.
Your voice creates such a sound
That's heard even in deep silence.
You dare to show the creator
How a humble self can be a maker!
What pep-talk you've heard,
That cements your gifted mettle?
How we wonder when we find,
A barren tree bears fruit!
Do we look only at the bark or trunk
And make our minds about its soul?
I wish my eyes gain your vision,
May the ears hear the unheard music
And my mind takes up all ‘the light’
That shone you so luminous bright!
May I borrow a little your courage
That I may stand and raise the globe
And hold it there ' cause it's Herculean?
''Life is either a daring adventure or nothing'. Helen Keller
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Salute to You by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bijay Kant Dubey
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Indian Babas And Their Sex Scandals, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Asleep, Luo Zhihai
- Pickled with fate and time, Aftab Alam
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush