My Love, Oh, She Is My Love
SHE casts a spell, oh, casts a spell!
Which haunts me more than I can tell.
Dearer, because she makes me ill
Than who would will to make me well.
She is my store! oh, she my store!
Whose grey eye wounded me so sore,
Who will not place in mine her palm,
Nor love, nor calm me any more.
She is my pet, oh, she my pet!
Whom I can never more forget;
Who would not lose by me one moan,
Nor stone upon my cairn would set.
She is my roon, oh, she my roon!
Who tells me nothing, leaves me soon;
Who would not lose by me one sigh,
Were death and I within one room.
She is my dear, oh, she my dear!
Who cares not whether I be here.
Who will not weep when I am dead,
But makes me shed the silent tear.
Hard my case, oh, hard my case!
For in her eye no hope I trace,
She will not hear me any more,
But I adore her silent face.
She is my choice, oh, she my choice!
Who never made me to rejoice;
Who caused my heart to ache so oft,
Who put no softness in her voice.
Great my grief, oh, great my grief!
Neglected, scorned beyond belief,
By her who looks at me askance,
By her who grants me no relief.
She’s my desier, oh, my desire!
More glorious than the bright sun’s fire;
Who were than wild-blown ice more cold
Were I so bold as to sit by her.
She it is who stole my heart,
And left a void and aching smart;
But if she soften not her eye,
I know that life and I must part.
Douglas Hyde's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Love, Oh, She Is My Love by Douglas Hyde )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave