My Love, Oh, She Is My Love
SHE casts a spell, oh, casts a spell!
Which haunts me more than I can tell.
Dearer, because she makes me ill
Than who would will to make me well.
She is my store! oh, she my store!
Whose grey eye wounded me so sore,
Who will not place in mine her palm,
Nor love, nor calm me any more.
She is my pet, oh, she my pet!
Whom I can never more forget;
Who would not lose by me one moan,
Nor stone upon my cairn would set.
She is my roon, oh, she my roon!
Who tells me nothing, leaves me soon;
Who would not lose by me one sigh,
Were death and I within one room.
She is my dear, oh, she my dear!
Who cares not whether I be here.
Who will not weep when I am dead,
But makes me shed the silent tear.
Hard my case, oh, hard my case!
For in her eye no hope I trace,
She will not hear me any more,
But I adore her silent face.
She is my choice, oh, she my choice!
Who never made me to rejoice;
Who caused my heart to ache so oft,
Who put no softness in her voice.
Great my grief, oh, great my grief!
Neglected, scorned beyond belief,
By her who looks at me askance,
By her who grants me no relief.
She’s my desier, oh, my desire!
More glorious than the bright sun’s fire;
Who were than wild-blown ice more cold
Were I so bold as to sit by her.
She it is who stole my heart,
And left a void and aching smart;
But if she soften not her eye,
I know that life and I must part.
Douglas Hyde's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Love, Oh, She Is My Love by Douglas Hyde )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- साज मिटाना होगा - a spurrier that must b.., yashovardhan kulkarni
- Peaceful living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace in the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Tree, Cee Bea
- The hat, michael hagwood
- खुश होते कहीं - could I have been happy?, yashovardhan kulkarni