Glenn R Brazier
My Lighthouse Christina
As I lean here against you in comfort of your presents, watching sea gulls hover around you both day and night.. I remember the path that lead me to you my midnight light.
The rough journey I had with every wave a tsunami beating my ship to shambles, every wind of hurricane force howled at me and blew me about
The rain drop cold as Ice pounding me with relentless fury as I stand at the helm
fighting to turn both port and starboard keeping my stern into the wave
The sky's above me have hidden the stars and I can not navigate my way home.. I have lost you my daughter the life sucked out of me not sure I want to go On.
I am now lost in the darkest of nights with no hope in sight as loneliness sets in I'm lost., the debts of the Ocean shall now claim my life, as I fall to my knees in Prayer..
With my eyes closed I seen a flash of light. I open my eyes to see another flash appeared in the distance as I now watched a beam of hope rotate in the sky...
I seen you, a Light built upon stones, strong and independent being challenged often as the waves crashing into you trying to bring you down yet you are unmoved
Your light did not break nor could the wind bend your rays as you guided me to safety and showed me the way
Now day's as I set sail on my ship gone abroad I look at you and gaze upon your beauty, remembering the night you rescued me.. you pulled me into safety
As I pass you blow me a kiss saying, see you soon and Upon my return I see you from afar. Regardless if there is storms, mist or fog you shine my way, Nothing conceal your presents as you welcome me home again.
Dedicated to My daugher:
June 29,1990 - May 19,2014
Into this life we are born into a future not yet seen, but one thing for sure.. it will be filled with rocks, reefs and stormy sea's, , , I thankful Jesus Christ is our salvation and for his Blood he washed our Sins and I shall see my daughter again
Topic of this poem: love lost
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Lighthouse Christina by Glenn R Brazier )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Am Nobody......, Michael P. McParland
- Who to forgive., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Next To Me, Michael P. McParland
- Uski yaade, Thakur Jain
- Hurting, Jamila M.K.Hussen
- Little girl, Amal Ahmed
- Weeping Heart, Michael P. McParland
- The Bluff-masters As Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God was born, devon da poet
- Her Name, TheSilent Loudness