While at Christian tea over the desk
Asked the white collared guru
So what is Holy?
The gentle claptrap of church speak
Orbiting about praise and acknowledgement
So God is a celestqal numb nuts?
OK. Yeah. But what is Holy?
About this parrotted litany
Could you survice Rilke's angel?
Lust for Michealangelo's cosmic erato?
Has the horse tossed you off on the way to Damascus?
Is the knife ready to cut the throat?
Heard the hurricane blast as infinitesimal whisper?
Shouted at the pain Lemi Lemi Sabacthani?
Where is the kick of Zen?
Where the shock of resonance?
As dusk approached - simply - drawing
a BB on white paper
Focus - an early spring bud
So before me this trial
Observed - and mystery - Holy
This prosaic becomes an infinity
And yesterday just a tangerine
Some Chinese ink, a brush, movement
A Shaman danced on rice paper
michael oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Holy by michael oliver )
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twentieth Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- هذا وربك مثوى كل إنسان, خليل مردم بك
- Scars Never Heal, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Closed Doors, Omar Eldamsheety
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns