While at Christian tea over the desk
Asked the white collared guru
So what is Holy?
The gentle claptrap of church speak
Orbiting about praise and acknowledgement
So God is a celestqal numb nuts?
OK. Yeah. But what is Holy?
About this parrotted litany
Could you survice Rilke's angel?
Lust for Michealangelo's cosmic erato?
Has the horse tossed you off on the way to Damascus?
Is the knife ready to cut the throat?
Heard the hurricane blast as infinitesimal whisper?
Shouted at the pain Lemi Lemi Sabacthani?
Where is the kick of Zen?
Where the shock of resonance?
As dusk approached - simply - drawing
a BB on white paper
Focus - an early spring bud
So before me this trial
Observed - and mystery - Holy
This prosaic becomes an infinity
And yesterday just a tangerine
Some Chinese ink, a brush, movement
A Shaman danced on rice paper
michael oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Holy by michael oliver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal