While at Christian tea over the desk
Asked the white collared guru
So what is Holy?
The gentle claptrap of church speak
Orbiting about praise and acknowledgement
So God is a celestqal numb nuts?
OK. Yeah. But what is Holy?
About this parrotted litany
Could you survice Rilke's angel?
Lust for Michealangelo's cosmic erato?
Has the horse tossed you off on the way to Damascus?
Is the knife ready to cut the throat?
Heard the hurricane blast as infinitesimal whisper?
Shouted at the pain Lemi Lemi Sabacthani?
Where is the kick of Zen?
Where the shock of resonance?
As dusk approached - simply - drawing
a BB on white paper
Focus - an early spring bud
So before me this trial
Observed - and mystery - Holy
This prosaic becomes an infinity
And yesterday just a tangerine
Some Chinese ink, a brush, movement
A Shaman danced on rice paper
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Holy by michael oliver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 October 1875 - 1 December 1947)
(1923 - 1998)
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Will there really be a "Morning"?, Emily Dickinson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Well Love, Michael P. McParland
- Sleep Tight Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- Stable in life, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Tight Dear One, Michael P. McParland
- Now i have a taste for eden, cristobal Benjumea
- Sitting Here, Michael P. McParland
- Simple Words 3, Michael P. McParland
- Simple Words 2, Michael P. McParland
- Simple Words, Michael P. McParland