My Heroes Or Heroines Do Good Deeds Every Day
The general public the legends create
The heroes or heroines we do celebrate
And if you wish to know what constitutes a hero or heroine ask someone other than me
For we all look at life one might say differently.
My heroes by the majority remain as unsung
And my heroes can be ageing, middle aged or young
My heroes or heroines not known in renown
They never do become the toast of the Town.
My heroes or heroines do good deeds every day
For to help others out they go out of their way
They do not do it for ego or honour or pay
Good karma awaits them one can only say.
My heroes or heroines of themselves never boast
And to them others never do drink a toast
For their acts of kindness they only are known
One might say they are in a class of their own.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heroes Or Heroines Do Good Deeds Every Day by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Diamond Gems, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost and Found, Anthony Di'anno
- reaching for your hand so i don't get lost, Mandolyn ...
- Share to walk, hasmukh amathalal
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska