Rabia al Basri
My God and My Lord
Eyes are at rest, the stars are setting.
Hushed are the stirrings of birds in their nests,
Of monsters in the ocean.
You are the Just who knows no change,
The Balance that can never swerve,
The Eternal which never passes away.
The doors of Kings are bolted now and guarded by soldiers.
Your Door is open to all who call upon You.
Each love is now alone with his beloved.
And I am alone with You.
Rabia al Basri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Edited: A. Harvey and E. Hanut
Comments about this poem (My God and My Lord by Rabia al Basri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To the Apple Green, Peach Blossomed Skie.., mary douglas
- Qoute # 5, Is It Poetry
- The Impolite Proprietress, Terence G. Craddock
- Love, Melissa K Vigna
- It's Over, Melissa K Vigna
- The Rider, Melissa K Vigna
- Party, Melissa K Vigna
- Wonderland, Melissa K Vigna
- Paranoid, Melissa K Vigna
- The Devil, Melissa K Vigna