My Father, My Hero
On this planet lies my father
The one who loves me
The one who cares for me
I am a daddy's girl yes
But my faith to my father dose not stop
For he is me and I am him
My father is my hero
He is a soldier
He is a husband
He is a papa to my brother
And a daddy to me his 13 year old daughter
I love my father
He is my hero
Though many will dislike him
I do not care
He is my father
He is my daddy
He is my papa
And he will forever be my hero and my best friend
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
All I can say is that I love my father greatly and will love him for the rest of my life.
He helped give my life and he has always been there for me even when he was away in Iraqu and Alfganastan.
I am sorry if I misspelled any of thoughs two countries.
Thank you for reading my poem. There will be more to come.
Comments about this poem (My Father, My Hero by Amanda Huddleston )
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)