Mark R Slaughter
My Cat Thinks I'm a Plonker
My cat thinks I’m a plonker.
'And why? ' I hear you ask:
‘O puddy-wuddy sweety beeps,
My fluffy-wuffy, time for sleeps…
Now come to Daddy for a hug –
But is he feeling nice and snug?
Let’s rumbly-pumbly on the floor,
Then catch a mouse behind the door.
O Marmy-Warmy Marmaduke (his name) ,
You kitty-witty kuky-kuke... ’
I'd called out loud to bring him in,
But neighbours hear the wincing din:
My puddy’s face now red with shame,
He let’s them think it’s just a game.
And as he trundles through the door,
He glares a glare I’ve seen before –
To tell me what I am, so true:
An utter plonker, through and through!
PS. Poemhunter previously removed this poem probably
because I innocently used a common word of affection for cats!
I therefore replaced it with 'puddy'. Hopefully it won't get removed this time.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2011
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Cat Thinks I'm a Plonker by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- Moving Along Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Gift, Michael McParland
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Hare And His Wife, Tony Adah
- Pussy So Good, Joseph Rodriguez
- Novel Approaches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Are Too Beautiful For Me, Mark Webster
- Living Through Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are my qualifier, Ruby Frankel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)