The obvious man
in his obvious shoes,
in his obvious home,
pours over his obviously
It's so obvious, isn't it?
that i will protect my whole
sense of self with an obviously
Obvious, you are a dancer!
to run such circles around me,
For it's no longer obvious,
until reality prods us,
or the fading image we see
is anything other than trust,
Escape is a jump of sorts
into the right extension or
exception, deceptive haze,
Of ideas, already freeze dried,
until you wake up inside her
Look - we've been cut away,
Free floating is too obvious,
and may be true, we are of it,
but not necessarily from it,
or for it...
Obvious is what we're stuck in!
and that's when we need prized apart,
or together, but not as often as we'd
like to be,
Looking, surveying, waiting, crying,
for something less obvious to happen...
If obvious were a woman, then why
shouldn't she be made to feel more
like a man,
And he her, in his more feminine
More so, we are all that beacon
of obviousness too,
(and that's called family connection,
plenty of worry, love when it applies)
Obviously your wondering, just as I am,
or is already grey and ashen, juiced
by all the years, of trying to work
the mystery out?
Obvious, maybe we need to go to bed,
or your already dead!
yeah! or maybe we should try the ill
advised, not exactly obvious thing,
but that would be wholly unspeakable...
Obvious, it's best I finish here,
while I still have a granule
of honour left in me...
GRANT FRASER's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MOST USUAL... by GRANT FRASER )
- Suicide, Hans Raj Sharma
- Walls that never spoke before, Cee Bea
- Deep Purple II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Prayers!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I met a gentle lady, Cee Bea
- Made Openly, Edward Kofi Louis
- Story telling, Nassy Fesharaki
- affection and attraction, maharshi trivedi
- Alankar(Decor) -202, Indira Renganathan
- Embossed!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(3rd April 19sixty)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)