Dr John Celes
Monotetra: Reading through her Holidays
Her holidays have just begun;
She reads all story books for fun;
She loves the early morning sun,
And loves to pun, and loves to pun.
She loves to read all kinds of books;
She loves the comic books on spooks;
She loves new dresses, and good looks;
Her mother cooks, her mother cooks.
She aims to be a teacher great;
The play-field is her only hate!
Librarian is her soul-mate;
She’s never late, she’s never late.
Each morn, she wakes up quite early,
And brushes teeth that look pearly;
She bathes and dresses up dearly,
And reads clearly, and reads clearly.
She has a lot of books to read;
She loves to buy books – her one greed!
And when she reads, she will not heed;
She reads indeed, she reads indeed.
copyright by dr john celes 3-11-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Monotetra: Reading through her Holidays by Dr John Celes )
Did you read them?
- The End, D.A. Woods
- Sad Sorrows, Frank Weedings
- Understand My Horse, Naveed Akram
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- She Loved Her Some Peterbilt, the guy in charge
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)