Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Monotetra: Reading through her Holidays
Her holidays have just begun;
She reads all story books for fun;
She loves the early morning sun,
And loves to pun, and loves to pun.
She loves to read all kinds of books;
She loves the comic books on spooks;
She loves new dresses, and good looks;
Her mother cooks, her mother cooks.
She aims to be a teacher great;
The play-field is her only hate!
Librarian is her soul-mate;
She’s never late, she’s never late.
Each morn, she wakes up quite early,
And brushes teeth that look pearly;
She bathes and dresses up dearly,
And reads clearly, and reads clearly.
She has a lot of books to read;
She loves to buy books – her one greed!
And when she reads, she will not heed;
She reads indeed, she reads indeed.
copyright by dr john celes 3-11-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.