Money! money! money! (poem)
Money! money! money! “who”, needs money?
Yeah right, - ask me another question honey-
From day one, - money rules our lives.
How much we are worth, is how well we survive.
If we are born to wealth, clout, and prominence
We can be assured; the people will acknowledge our
However if it so happens we are born poor, we only have dreams.
Dreams to be, - to be on top of the - so-called - social hierarchy
Yes through our lives, we dream the UN - dream - able
Our dreams may even cause our minds to become unstable
Whose idea was it to initiate such a craze as money anyhow?
It sure wasn’t the Indians, for they greeted us with the word, -
If it were up to me, I’d rob Fort Knox, and dump the goal in
The middle of the ocean.
Without a core value for money, this would start quite a commotion
Who knows it may even be the beginning of a brand new day.
For to give, share, serve, love, - would be given every which way
Dave Tanguay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Money! money! money! (poem) by Dave Tanguay )
- Starbucks, Tom Zart
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)