Money! money! money! (poem)
Money! money! money! “who”, needs money?
Yeah right, - ask me another question honey-
From day one, - money rules our lives.
How much we are worth, is how well we survive.
If we are born to wealth, clout, and prominence
We can be assured; the people will acknowledge our
However if it so happens we are born poor, we only have dreams.
Dreams to be, - to be on top of the - so-called - social hierarchy
Yes through our lives, we dream the UN - dream - able
Our dreams may even cause our minds to become unstable
Whose idea was it to initiate such a craze as money anyhow?
It sure wasn’t the Indians, for they greeted us with the word, -
If it were up to me, I’d rob Fort Knox, and dump the goal in
The middle of the ocean.
Without a core value for money, this would start quite a commotion
Who knows it may even be the beginning of a brand new day.
For to give, share, serve, love, - would be given every which way
Dave Tanguay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Money! money! money! (poem) by Dave Tanguay )
- The Counterfeit inspector, John F. McCullagh
- Robert, Ray Hansell
- The Teaser, Bernard Snyder
- Pale Primrose, Lilly Emery
- Birth Of Another Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone Nice, Ray Hansell
- Solitude, Ray Hansell
- Had you loved, Superman, All hearts call.., Oziyon LeDawn
- Dark Sea Of Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Poetry Is Where You Find It V, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns