cheryl davis miller
Mom and Dad
One day 'old Mom and Dad' won't be there
believe me I know what I say.
Seems strange when the first to support you
have suddenly gone away.
When a problem rises or you need to talk.
You'll think, ' I'll go give Mom a call.'
Then your hair stands on end as you realize
you can't talk to Mom after all.
Or when you need a shoulder to cry on
to hear Dad say, 'It'll be all right.'
Then sadly remember, 'now is to late,
Dad's forever gone, from my sight.'
It's frightening to become an orphan
if your twenty or if your fifty-two.
To know Mom and Dad, won't be there
to comfort and look out for you.
So if you're still blessed with Mom and Dad
take time to show them you care.
Cause I tell you there will come a day
when 'old Mom and Dad' won't be there.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mom and Dad by cheryl davis miller )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Elope, Salleh Chowdhury
- Journey's End, Raymond A. Foss
- Dimly Lighting The Way, Margaret Alice Second
- Threads of Her Journey, Raymond A. Foss
- A Journey of Treasure, Raymond A. Foss
- spinning 2 StAnd $tiLL - can i cHaRge it?, sEaN nOrTh
- un-nerves sh#t - sweet child of mime, sEaN nOrTh
- The Wise Man, Brian J. Stafford
- Cos Their Real Money 2, sEaN nOrTh
- Indian Republic Day,2015, Dr John Celes