Memories of False Bay!
On a more remote hour_
Far away from my native home,
The moon and the stars for me do shine;
In the blackberry brambles, crickets chant
Just as they did in the village.
The seagulls l hear in the back of my mind;
The lovely sandy beach of False Bay l envision;
The sound of mbira still chime in my head
And so does the mourning wild wind!
And the angry waves would come crushing against the shores!
O, Zame! Let these for me abide
Till l go back to my native roots...!
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories of False Bay! by Tafadzwa Matamba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael