O, My Dearest Friend!
My heart cries out for you,
As l recall it all:
The troubles you are swimming in,
And your heart that is sore.
TO tears l am moved,
Hearing you narrate the fates
Which are always against you
And appears to spare all your mates.
I imagine a lone figure;
Gliding wearily, across the plane,
A strange site in the wilderness
That is no longer sane.
O, my dearest friend,
I can feel the pain
That l read on your brave face
Trying to conceal it vain.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O, My Dearest Friend! by Tafadzwa Matamba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tom The Badger, Phil Soar
- NotVery PC, Phil Soar
- Disguise, Aparna Chatterjee
- WHITE: The colour of pride, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche