O, My Dearest Friend!
My heart cries out for you,
As l recall it all:
The troubles you are swimming in,
And your heart that is sore.
TO tears l am moved,
Hearing you narrate the fates
Which are always against you
And appears to spare all your mates.
I imagine a lone figure;
Gliding wearily, across the plane,
A strange site in the wilderness
That is no longer sane.
O, my dearest friend,
I can feel the pain
That l read on your brave face
Trying to conceal it vain.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O, My Dearest Friend! by Tafadzwa Matamba )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- Submonition, Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- HURT, Rosie Bourget
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney