O, My Dearest Friend!
My heart cries out for you,
As l recall it all:
The troubles you are swimming in,
And your heart that is sore.
TO tears l am moved,
Hearing you narrate the fates
Which are always against you
And appears to spare all your mates.
I imagine a lone figure;
Gliding wearily, across the plane,
A strange site in the wilderness
That is no longer sane.
O, my dearest friend,
I can feel the pain
That l read on your brave face
Trying to conceal it vain.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O, My Dearest Friend! by Tafadzwa Matamba )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My Friend Forever, Margaret Alice Second
- Sometimes I am afraid, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick