O, My Dearest Friend!
My heart cries out for you,
As l recall it all:
The troubles you are swimming in,
And your heart that is sore.
TO tears l am moved,
Hearing you narrate the fates
Which are always against you
And appears to spare all your mates.
I imagine a lone figure;
Gliding wearily, across the plane,
A strange site in the wilderness
That is no longer sane.
O, my dearest friend,
I can feel the pain
That l read on your brave face
Trying to conceal it vain.
Tafadzwa Matamba's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (O, My Dearest Friend! by Tafadzwa Matamba )
- It is better, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Kilimanjaro, Tony Adah
- Caught in Rainy Weather, Nia Schexnider
- And we danced, Fluorescent Reality
- Sunset of our hearts, Fluorescent Reality
- She is precious, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Goddess of the night, Fluorescent Reality
- That ugly fear, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- from 'The Double' VI, Morgan Michaels
- from 'The Double' V, Morgan Michaels