MY Damon was the first to wake
The gentle flame that cannot die;
My Damon is the last to take
The faithful bosom's softest sigh:
The life between is nothing worth,
O cast it from thy thought away!
Think of the day that gave it birth,
And this its sweet returning day.
Buried be all that has been done,
Or say that naught is done amiss;
For who the dangerous path can shun
In such bewildering world as this?
But love can every fault forgive,
Or with a tender look reprove;
And now let naught in memory live
But that we meet, and that we love.
George Crabbe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meeting by George Crabbe )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- <<< you do not fear i know, Abdul Wahab
- Delete nature, gajanan mishra
- She Forgot How to Cry, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- <<<, , , , , Revenge, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<< Love - a natur.., Abdul Wahab
- <<<< charm of life, Abdul Wahab
- <<<< the prize you win, Abdul Wahab
- Rosalia Lombardo, Richard Thripp
- >>> A view through the hole of .., Abdul Wahab
- على الطبيعة, نزار قباني