I am me.
The most important thing you gave me.
The life in me i owe to you, you were there..
Always there for everything.
For the good you smiled. For the bad you cried. I am me.
With you i smile and want to hug.
With you i cry and need a hug.
You gave me live, you gave me everything.
Being me was hard sometimes, and i know that it made you cry.
But most of all you never gave up on me.
Me, a moment of truth to you.
My everything i owe to you.
Love and courage you gave me, to the darkest hour you always knew.
My love is eternity to you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The most important people in my life. In me.
Comments about this poem (Me by Marnie Theron )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall