Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin
May dew and haze
I catch in taut canvases.
Stuffed in a costrel tight,
I'll take them home come light.
Blissful constellations blaze
the Zodiac cites.
Planets make marriages
guarding my rite.
And now I pick the rotted plant
of bitter and of living life.
Vatic bubbling rants...
Flame, fiery ally!
All from death must sink from sight,
(Are the stars in well or sky?)
Clear stubble of bygone vine
I'm given again to derive.
Bark and pinkish light, -
Everything's back from dust.
Whoever knows no terror of decay
is never to be subject to destruction.
If wind's lush steed should pass this way,
it will not tip the treetop down.
An otherworldly spring will crown
the head, if holy fire's alive.
Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (May Dew by Mikhail Alekseevich Kuzmin )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland
- Loving Free - Falling, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Poor Child's Born with a Start that'.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- A explanation, Mariam Abdelghani
- children we bear., Christina Simmons