Sequence of horses—negatives of actual geldings
foundering near the aqueduct. Clinical, and pastoral.
Sick horses swim out for China
but it's a performance. And it always fails. They're opposed,
the geldings, to cowboys.
Secret gelding speech—something far inside them
beckoning to deer for comfort.
The horses are pristine, with no end. Stallions cakewalk
with other stallions
to choose which. The foamiest horses let
their riders off. Just let everyone be.
Let anyone bring
their lines to the lake and the horses don't swim past.
Instead they disguise, literally disguise
each other because the runners know that comparison
is violent. Then
buckers watch the geyser become a conceit.
Sarah Vap's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mark Time by Sarah Vap )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick
- Tomorrow, Humphrey Bryant
- Blackberry And Apple, Humphrey Bryant