Hamza Al Saieedy
Not beauty that I seek in a man’s face;
No, but mere for few drops of dignity.
Those that makes him stands for the people's case,
And teaches him that of courage to show pity
A man among the men who shows the reason.
Not that with the wind his words sway,
Nor that changes skin from season to season.
None he’s but that through the fog knows his way.
Morals, knowledge and honor what makes a man
And god! how I envy who owned them all.
Unseen I might be; yet they know my clan,
Said the one who I belong to his soul:
“Not of courage that you before me stood
Yet; of courage to stand upon your word
Though you didn’t be have as a man should.
Never! I shan’t act upon (said) or (heard) ! ”
Hamza Al Saieedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man's Beauty by Hamza Al Saieedy )
- All are mine, gajanan mishra
- Our Air, Foster Teegarden
- I wear a sweater now, The Princess
- Morning Triku V, Steve Kittell
- To My Love, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Scrutinized As Being Abusive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sting, Foster Teegarden
- Some Ghoul, Foster Teegarden
- the man of christmas, Faith Taylors
- My Description, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)