Hamza Al Saieedy
Not beauty that I seek in a man’s face;
No, but mere for few drops of dignity.
Those that makes him stands for the people's case,
And teaches him that of courage to show pity
A man among the men who shows the reason.
Not that with the wind his words sway,
Nor that changes skin from season to season.
None he’s but that through the fog knows his way.
Morals, knowledge and honor what makes a man
And god! how I envy who owned them all.
Unseen I might be; yet they know my clan,
Said the one who I belong to his soul:
“Not of courage that you before me stood
Yet; of courage to stand upon your word
Though you didn’t be have as a man should.
Never! I shan’t act upon (said) or (heard) ! ”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man's Beauty by Hamza Al Saieedy )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shards Of Emotion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT IF CHRIST WAS NOT, Michael P. Johnson
- Another Conquest, RoseAnn V. Shawiak