Hamza Al Saieedy
Not beauty that I seek in a man’s face;
No, but mere for few drops of dignity.
Those that makes him stands for the people's case,
And teaches him that of courage to show pity
A man among the men who shows the reason.
Not that with the wind his words sway,
Nor that changes skin from season to season.
None he’s but that through the fog knows his way.
Morals, knowledge and honor what makes a man
And god! how I envy who owned them all.
Unseen I might be; yet they know my clan,
Said the one who I belong to his soul:
“Not of courage that you before me stood
Yet; of courage to stand upon your word
Though you didn’t be have as a man should.
Never! I shan’t act upon (said) or (heard) ! ”
Hamza Al Saieedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man's Beauty by Hamza Al Saieedy )
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
- The truth is, Brian Kilpatrick
- In our minds, Brian Kilpatrick
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)