Hamza Al Saieedy
Not beauty that I seek in a man’s face;
No, but mere for few drops of dignity.
Those that makes him stands for the people's case,
And teaches him that of courage to show pity
A man among the men who shows the reason.
Not that with the wind his words sway,
Nor that changes skin from season to season.
None he’s but that through the fog knows his way.
Morals, knowledge and honor what makes a man
And god! how I envy who owned them all.
Unseen I might be; yet they know my clan,
Said the one who I belong to his soul:
“Not of courage that you before me stood
Yet; of courage to stand upon your word
Though you didn’t be have as a man should.
Never! I shan’t act upon (said) or (heard) ! ”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Man's Beauty by Hamza Al Saieedy )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Engaged, Sarah Wiltshire
- The Call Of Two Trumpets, Tony Adah
- I sleep, gajanan mishra
- I Looked Up At The Sky And Didn't See You, Kyle Schlicher
- Quatrain number 4, Leong Ming Loong
- The world we are facing, Abby Sze
- Game of power, Funmilayo Adebimpe
- The Road Must End Somewhere, Kyle Schlicher
- Seeing Eyes, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Lesser Commands I, Sadiqullah Khan