I am not here alone. A hidden throng
Is round me in the vesper of the sky.
Dead Babylon and Nineveh are nigh;
Rome, Antioch; the slave who felt the thong;
The lord that slew him when the day was long
And the soul heavy with satiety.
And some are near who saw the Christ go by;
While Pilate shut aloof, at gaze with wrong.
And what are they these ministers surround?
The cliff, the sand, the island at my feet
Reef-scattered far below all human ken.
Lo! God hath made a mighty angel beat
His wings, a benediction in their sound,
Above the roof of the most forlorn of men
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lowry Bay by Hubert Church )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- My mother died today, Tammy Ashton
- A New Life, Toshie Nohara