Dorian Petersen Potter
Lovers And Best Friends
Given special thanks here to you,
For all that you've done for me.
I want to thank you and wish you all the best,
For always being a good friend to me
True friends like you, are hard to find,
Here and there and everywhere,
I am so lucky, to have found a friend in you,
You'll always be in my heart now
With words of great love, and warmly care,
Devotion and loyalty are best portrayed.
Like a precious star from above, upon me you glow,
You are the sunset and sunrise in my sky
Your friendship for me reaches far beyond,
Any other I have known in my whole life before.
You are the one that outshines all the rest,
In a world, where I felt quite alone before
But God Almighty, in all His merciful way,
One more time, showed me I was wrong.
To my side, in my life He sent you instead,
To have you as my lover, and my best friend!
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lovers And Best Friends by Dorian Petersen Potter )
- फैमालनि बिदिन्थि, Ronjoy Brahma
- When Whispers Death, Its Cruel Call!, Dr John Celes
- mother, Dr. Ramesh Chandra Mukhopadh ..
- Say You It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burning, Spiritwind Wood
- Somebody Often Keeps Asking, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The devotee shows his angry to the God!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Love-bonding With a Muhammedan Girl (Bil.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mera Amanaat Hai Tum, Amitava Sur
- IN both terms, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- O Tell Me The Truth About Love, WH Auden
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No More Clichés, Octavio Paz
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)