Because the road was steep and long
And through a dark and lonely land,
God set upon my lips a song
And put a lantern in my hand.
Through miles on weary miles of night
That stretch relentless in my way
My lantern burns serene and white,
An unexhausted cup of day.
O golden lights and lights like wine,
How dim your boasted splendors are.
Behold this little lamp of mine;
It is more starlike than a star!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love's Lantern by Joyce Kilmer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ceremony, Marshall Gass
- Soliloquy, Brioney Leon
- Tingling, Marshall Gass
- The Light of Your Smile, Jeffrey Gonell
- limericks section (more to be added) f.., lee fones
- Because of my dream, Alex Adeoye
- O CRUEL AGGRESSORS! YOU CAN NOT BEND OR .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar