Love is greater than Gold
In perilous path, out there in the real world
Resilient soldiers march upon barren turf
Treading the path that holds the value of gold
Melt by the sun in the splendour of youth.
Hidden dreams like diamonds in the hole
Out in the world where opportunity holds
The fragrance of our heart that nature stole
In meadows and valleys their beauty unfolds.
The love that is greater than gold and silver
Cannot be bought with gifts and perish food
For we hold immortal dreams and live together
When in joyful mews we find the better mood.
To the towns and cities crushed in the season
Shoppers dream about the paradise given
They have lost the means and the best reason
Why we celebrate the moments seated within.
The passions we cherish are in treasured store,
And if we were given all the silver and gold
Could our hearts contain the value to add more?
Illusions shining brilliantly as the metals we hold.
The lustre of beauty is magnificent in our heart
When the images we hold contains the world
Fitting the shapes and songs in our cultural art
Display the theme that is greater than gold.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is greater than Gold by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -69, Ronjoy Brahma
- Her Beautiful Lies, Swagat Bhattacharjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma