Love Got A Hold On Me
Loves got a hold on me and it won't let me be.
When i go to bed at night its right there with me.
Tucking me in bed with warm feelings of love telling me.
My child don't worry All will be well Putting me
Right to sleep with sweet Dreams of my love and me.
When i wake up in the morning it alarms me so loud.
When it calls out my name.
It just wakes me right out of my sleep.
I am awake but yet in a Daze from a gaze
of True Love that won't never fade away.
Lashawn Lovell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Got A Hold On Me by Lashawn Lovell )
- You Speak to Me, Lukie Pieterse
- I LOVED HER, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love Overpowers All, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- BY THE WATER TOWER., Terry Collett
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- GAHZAL, ROCHISH MON
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)