Love and darkness
I am facing love and darkness in sin
My heart rages loudly for atonement,
But the aching agony goes long and deep within,
They fly swift to wounded region.
I am walking blind in a tunnel of dark,
What will ignite new hope in dreams where it began?
My awaken soul tries to leap into mythical spark,
Burning desire with every passion imagine.
Fear let go in marveled wander and I travel far
Staying near the walk of faith, but doing what I hate,
The burning love of anger grows even stronger,
This flame in the dark is burning the brightest.
Electric fire, passion desire glowing in the night,
Burning flame human pain reveals another dark realm
Light consumes darkness and makes the day look bright
There is a love binding me to earth and it shines in heaven.
As angelic lamplights Passover on the vacant street,
Jostling the flames of freedom forcing our conscience,
To explore time and consume the darkness we meet,
This love for earth is a reality to illuminate doubtful science.
Love and darkness, dwells within our heart
In shady light, seasons embrace both phenomenons
That exists within the crater of twilight mist,
And can disappear just as quickly as they came.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and darkness by Gerry Legister )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(3rd April 19sixty)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Anonymous
Poem of the Day
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Nine Views of the Huang Shang, Paul Hartal
- Died Eagle, Nassy Fesharaki
- Calm Days'll Arrive, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Aches Of Mermen, Naveed Akram
- Wash Out, Tina Chan
- Lucid Awake Changing Dreams, Is It Poetry