Love and darkness
I am facing love and darkness in sin
My heart rages loudly for atonement,
But the aching agony goes long and deep within,
They fly swift to wounded region.
I am walking blind in a tunnel of dark,
What will ignite new hope in dreams where it began?
My awaken soul tries to leap into mythical spark,
Burning desire with every passion imagine.
Fear let go in marveled wander and I travel far
Staying near the walk of faith, but doing what I hate,
The burning love of anger grows even stronger,
This flame in the dark is burning the brightest.
Electric fire, passion desire glowing in the night,
Burning flame human pain reveals another dark realm
Light consumes darkness and makes the day look bright
There is a love binding me to earth and it shines in heaven.
As angelic lamplights Passover on the vacant street,
Jostling the flames of freedom forcing our conscience,
To explore time and consume the darkness we meet,
This love for earth is a reality to illuminate doubtful science.
Love and darkness, dwells within our heart
In shady light, seasons embrace both phenomenons
That exists within the crater of twilight mist,
And can disappear just as quickly as they came.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and darkness by Gerry Legister )
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
- It's the One in the Suit Who's Firing th.., David Clinch
- मानो गाबदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Birthday Woman, David Clinch
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- blood around the cuticle of us, Mandolyn ...
- She Has The Will To Succeed, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fall Festival, stephanie mellisa kievaughan
- Nature Is Beautiful, Rohit Sapra
- ....an add on poem....A Night in October, Rachel Nichols
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Family I love, Kristina Riggs
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)