Love and darkness
I am facing love and darkness in sin
My heart rages loudly for atonement,
But the aching agony goes long and deep within,
They fly swift to wounded region.
I am walking blind in a tunnel of dark,
What will ignite new hope in dreams where it began?
My awaken soul tries to leap into mythical spark,
Burning desire with every passion imagine.
Fear let go in marveled wander and I travel far
Staying near the walk of faith, but doing what I hate,
The burning love of anger grows even stronger,
This flame in the dark is burning the brightest.
Electric fire, passion desire glowing in the night,
Burning flame human pain reveals another dark realm
Light consumes darkness and makes the day look bright
There is a love binding me to earth and it shines in heaven.
As angelic lamplights Passover on the vacant street,
Jostling the flames of freedom forcing our conscience,
To explore time and consume the darkness we meet,
This love for earth is a reality to illuminate doubtful science.
Love and darkness, dwells within our heart
In shady light, seasons embrace both phenomenons
That exists within the crater of twilight mist,
And can disappear just as quickly as they came.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love and darkness by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Undiminished, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar