Look East (Regional)
If I should Disappear,
Look far to the East.
You will see my spirit,
From a wondrous place.
A house full of glowing lights.
A place of delicious food.
The place where the young party!
All I see are green bottles of Soju.
Reality is a staircase leading nowhere.
Life, full of problems, is hard!
I work every day.
Korea is so far away!
My soul on fire and everlasting pain!
Even if my ashes on a jet plane...
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Look East (Regional) by Ronald Chapman )
- The Hawk Quartet, Nathalie Handal
- Do I?, Aparna Chatterjee
- Haiku Strangers, Kwai Chee Low
- LIMERICK, Philo Yan
- Intermisión, Nathalie Handal
- The Single Christmas, Bob Fletcher
- Consolation, Aparna Chatterjee
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)