And if a Longhi hung
Someday, in my living room
I'd wouldn't let it go for nothing-
To even the man in the moon.
'Cause a smile's best to grace
A face, by a country mile,
And, surprise, I'll tell you this:
Longhi makes me smile.
And I'd gladly play for free
In one of his tableaux
If nobody turned me in
To Actor's Equity.
Home, in my casa I'd doze
dreaming in green and gold
While over the ceiling shadows
Billow and unfold.
Then would my abbogado
(Actually more my friend)
Would park his barque at the landing
To gossip, as dusk descends.
And if my wife climbed up the steps
In a rustle of organdy
Her finger firmly at her lips
And a feather, to tickle me
I'd answer the convention
by seeming to be asleep
immune to her intention
To twizzle me awake.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longhi III by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Turned by a wave, Mark Heathcote
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey