Lonely Is and Are
Lonely is the pirate ship
that courts the setting sun.
Lonely is the end of quests
when all that's lost is won.
Lonely are the dreams that haunt
the vacant mountain tips.
Lonely are the words of love
that die upon one's lips.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely Is and Are by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
- The Survivor, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)