Lonely Is and Are
Lonely is the pirate ship
that courts the setting sun.
Lonely is the end of quests
when all that's lost is won.
Lonely are the dreams that haunt
the vacant mountain tips.
Lonely are the words of love
that die upon one's lips.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely Is and Are by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns