The sun wakes up and peeks through the sleeping heads of East London,
I hear the birds singing 'London, London, what a place! '
A trip to the capital will make my day,
Oh how I love the old red buses, racing past Big Ben,
As I am in London, my bad thoughts and problems disappear.
I step on the platform of the london eye,
looking out the view i say 'oh my! '
the joy of happiness fulfils the atmosphere of london,
I can see people that look like the size of ants when i am high up,
Oh what fun it is!
I feel like a little fish in a big pond
with london becoming hectic as it is,
In the city, londoners swarming around and are running in a rush
but in Hyde park, it can be found peaceful and quiet as a thrush
the night closes in with peole going home,
but beggars lie on the streets of london,
their cups within empty,
days go past half-heartedly,
their future awaits hopefully with happiness,
a stream of red mist is left behind,
i really wanted to stay,
but I had to say goodbye,
jumping on boris's blue bikes,
i flew away.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (London by Affan Chowdhury )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- chibok girls, ademola oluwabusayo
- Inaudible Words, Naveed Akram
- Russell's Loss, Paul Hartal
- Truth Lies - Kid's Stuff -howtobuilddefe.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi