Glen Martin Fitch
LINES SENT ABOVE A WORK TO BE CONSIDERED BY A READER'S THEATER
Go little poem.
Go sneak into each ear
and vellicate the lobe
with vowels that chime
or blow upon the drum
to make them hear,
(tug eyelids shut)
the rising climb of consonants,
the echo of each rhyme.
Make lips and tongue
trace words that must evade.
Make fingers beat
to dancing feet in time
with bouncing brow
as syllables cascade.
judgment can be stalled, delayed,
Outrun the hasty glance
and dull the urge to grade,
before they say
'This simply can't be done.'
Assure them that they needn't fear.
Release their hearts.
Bring them near.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LINES SENT ABOVE A WORK TO BE CONSIDERED BY A READER'S THEATER by Glen Martin Fitch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The King, Michael P. McParland
- Envisage Belongings, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Die of Thousands Deaths, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Provocation! ! !, george albot
- Born as human, hasmukh amathalal
- New Years Heart, Ron Baratono
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey