Glen Martin Fitch
LINES SENT ABOVE A WORK TO BE CONSIDERED BY A READER'S THEATER
Go little poem.
Go sneak into each ear
and vellicate the lobe
with vowels that chime
or blow upon the drum
to make them hear,
(tug eyelids shut)
the rising climb of consonants,
the echo of each rhyme.
Make lips and tongue
trace words that must evade.
Make fingers beat
to dancing feet in time
with bouncing brow
as syllables cascade.
judgment can be stalled, delayed,
Outrun the hasty glance
and dull the urge to grade,
before they say
'This simply can't be done.'
Assure them that they needn't fear.
Release their hearts.
Bring them near.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LINES SENT ABOVE A WORK TO BE CONSIDERED BY A READER'S THEATER by Glen Martin Fitch )
- PRETTY THOUGHTS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest