Glen Martin Fitch
LINES SENT ABOVE A WORK TO BE CONSIDERED BY A READER'S THEATER
Go little poem.
Go sneak into each ear
and vellicate the lobe
with vowels that chime
or blow upon the drum
to make them hear,
(tug eyelids shut)
the rising climb of consonants,
the echo of each rhyme.
Make lips and tongue
trace words that must evade.
Make fingers beat
to dancing feet in time
with bouncing brow
as syllables cascade.
judgment can be stalled, delayed,
Outrun the hasty glance
and dull the urge to grade,
before they say
'This simply can't be done.'
Assure them that they needn't fear.
Release their hearts.
Bring them near.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LINES SENT ABOVE A WORK TO BE CONSIDERED BY A READER'S THEATER by Glen Martin Fitch )
- Untitled, kedar thapa
- Courage, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Hard Road To Success, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance keeps us together Knowing make.., kedar thapa
- The greatest secret present everywhere, kedar thapa
- Concepts 25, Somanathan Iyer
- An enlightening conversation, kedar thapa
- A Flower Which Is Eternal, Rohit Sapra
- In A Gory Accident, Edward Kofi Louis
- Peace Is Complete, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)