Lincolnshire Day (2012)
Today is Lincolnshire Day held every year on the 1st October,
The anniversary of the start of The Lincolnshire Rising in 1536,
But after all these years we are still under the yoke of Westminster,
But we still hope for independence.
Lincolnshire is England's largest united county,
Be it the Fens or the Wolds Lincolnshire is a beautiful place,
Covered with glorious countryside,
Full of quaint villages and market towns.
From Louth, the capital of the Wolds,
To Spalding, the capital of the Fens,
And Lincolnshire's capital, Lincoln itself,
There is nowhere better than Lincolnshire.
By Christopher Tye
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lincolnshire Day by Christopher Tye )
- Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid