Like Venus From The Waters
Reality and dreams can coincide
As her reflection surges through from sleep
Like Venus from the waters blue and deep!
Image clear as dear, which will abide
Till Time shall cease, till neither moon nor tide
Zigzag, till the seasons no more keep
A measured cycle, till none harvests reap.
Vain is this verse despite the poet's pride,
Lusting after perfect picture bride,
Attempts to paint fond memories which sweep
Down through the senses, dance around and leap
Over all brakes and barriers inside.
Voice within can print upon the screen
A message whose true feelings here are seen.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Like Venus From The Waters by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Faits Sonnet, sheade rudman
- It Is Very Sad, Ronell Warren Alman
- Her Sonnet, sheade rudman
- ~Project Monarch~, Allan Gerard
- The Hand, Sandra Feldman
- ONLY ASHES OF AN UGLY AGGRESSION, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Day In July, Nick krakana
- Love, Tanja Bulovic
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai