Harry Jack lay on his back
his body racked with pain
he had but three more months to live
he`d never rise again.
Drifting in and out of sleep
Harry heard a woman weep
'That you Daisy my old Dutch,
Wot have yer done to-day, not much? '
But it wasn`t Harry`s dear old Dutch
a-sitting by his bed
but Little Angie Witherspoon
And Boy! was her face red.
'Wot did you do wiv orl that gold
you stole from Tuckers shops
speak up now or else I vow
I`ll have to call the cops.'
But Harry didn`t tell her
at least that`s what she said
she disappeared with Dickey Beard
and poor old Harry`s dead!
Richard Anders 2014
Richard Anders's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LI`L Angie by Richard Anders )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Thatch and Kilimanjaro, lee fones
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S انتصار غزة .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How, George Egba
- I Called Out To Love, Lora Colon
- Pages Of Unlimited Potential, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Woman, callum marvin
- Interior Light Shining, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak