Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Let Us Simply Dance
When the day is tainted with sorrow
When the shadow of death walks in
When the notes of would-have-beens
Fill the mind with some regrets,
Please stand up anyway and join the dance.
Listen to the music of joy and hope
Make your feet and body move
Smile at the camera man
Fill the air with the aroma of thanksgiving
For the days that have been lived.
Keep on dancing
Until the music ends
You know that music and our dance
Are in symphony with beginning and end.
Elizabeth Padillo Olesen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let Us Simply Dance by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver