Let There Be Light!
There are dreams for my country
I may not live to see,
Hopes that my people will be truly free!
Released from bondage of their minds
Where religious lies one can find
A cruel imprisonment that is most unkind!
Chained their thoughts, for so long stifled
By pious robes that for years disabled
Their knowing the Truth as it is truly called.
Deceived and enslaved by a false religion
My people kneel, pray in blind submission
Not seeing they're victims of manipulation!
Woe and disaster now has them exposed
These objects of wrath, gods the winds deposed!
Hand-made gods that could not save, as supposed.
I have prayers for my country
That I speak now quite boldly-
That the Light of God's Truth shine on it, powerfully!
All rights reserved~~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~12.01.13
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let There Be Light! by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley