Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Let Me Tell You About Spring
She can be radiant
In twirls of pink laced blossoms
Head filled with her songs of the season
Letting go at top volumn
In daffodil thrills and
Spring is rather sassy
Lingering in gardens she should
Be caressing in veils of spider's webs
Dressing beds of flowers for
Hours beneath dressed up trees
And roses spilling buds for bloom
Really does not need me
To said a word about her charm
She alarms noone...not even the
Tiny birds or worms, bumble bees
All humming and singing in unison
Because she's come...
Sometimes winter drags along for another
Day or two
Bringing rain and snow, just won't go,
Hearing about the party about to begin and
Stays to become an invited friend.
Spring is polite
Won't put up a fight until...until...
The sun yells, and stomps her feet,
Telling winter to retreat,
Quite a feat!
A most favoriet time of year
Where cares are brought to rest
Does it best.
Look at spring struct
Iris blades on parade
Spider's wort yawning
Gardens stretching in green.
Spring, queen of seasons...
Spring is a delight
An awesome sight!
Wait and see!
Wait and see!
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing...About Spring and
Every other thing!
5: 23-24 p.m.
Just sitting here, mind at play!
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let Me Tell You About Spring by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
- Honour Killing, Whose Honour, Where's Ho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Seminar Activity, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Story of a thousand Hopes, clawdea benat
- gLoW hideing OfF iN2 thE sUnsEt, sEaN nOrTh
- Absence, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Funeral, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Am Offering This Poem, Jimmy Santiago Baca
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)