Lament for the Children of Syria
I do not seek you
where the children peer
into the burning night;
fire, false dawn
consumes their eyes,
rages through thin skin.
I do not know
where you go when
the gas softly flows
through the shelter;
have you left us here
in this veil of tears, fear-
full and alone?
Oh, where may I seek you
but in this green shade
of whitened bone?
Steven Federle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lament for the Children of Syria by Steven Federle )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John