Streamlined hands spear the lake, cascading a rhythm repeated
Smooth undulation descends with each stroke I take
A perpetual movement where my weight is defeated
Streamlined hands spear the lake
Effortless, graceful, no splash do I make
White noise sees my stresses retreated
Leaving my worries back there in my wake
A mile, maybe two, body and mind, meditation completed
Wonderfully tired, beginning to flake
The waters do witness a tension deleted.
Streamlined hands spear the lake.
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lake swimming by Stevie Taite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane