Streamlined hands spear the lake, cascading a rhythm repeated
Smooth undulation descends with each stroke I take
A perpetual movement where my weight is defeated
Streamlined hands spear the lake
Effortless, graceful, no splash do I make
White noise sees my stresses retreated
Leaving my worries back there in my wake
A mile, maybe two, body and mind, meditation completed
Wonderfully tired, beginning to flake
The waters do witness a tension deleted.
Streamlined hands spear the lake.
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lake swimming by Stevie Taite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns